According to our research, this is the best arc welder for beginners!
Are you looking for the perfect arc welder to help you take your welding projects to the next level?
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced welder, it’s essential to find the right arc welder that meets your needs.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss the best arc welders for beginners, their features, and our top picks to help you choose the right one.
So, let’s get started and unlock your welding potential!
Our picks at a glance:
1st choice: Weldpro 200 Amp Inverter Multi Process Welder
2nd choice: Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder
Our Top Pick – The Best Arc Welder For Beginners
Weldpro 200 Amp Inverter Multi Process Welder
After a thorough scouring of different models with a variety of different options, accessories, and price ranges, we’ve decided that the Weldpro 200 Amp Inverter Multi-Process Welder is the perfect set-up for beginner arc welders due to its versatility and affordability.
This welder is capable of MIG, flux-core, TIG, and stick welding, giving you the flexibility to tackle a wide range of welding projects.
Additionally, it comes with a 3-year warranty, so you can be sure you’re getting a high-quality, durable, and long-lasting machine.
Not to mention, it’s also lightweight and portable, making it easy to take with you wherever you need to go.
Runner-Up – Best Arc Welder For Beginners On A Budget
Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder
A close second, and more targeted for welders on a budget/just starting out, the Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder is perfect for beginners on a budget due to its user-friendly design, reliable performance, and affordability.
This welder is easy to use, making it ideal for novice welders.
It also comes with a variety of accessories and features that make it great for a range of welding projects.
This compact, portable and lightweight wire feed welder plugs into a 115V, 20 amp outlet and is user-friendly. Four voltage settings and continuous wire feed speed adjustment allow you to weld mild steel from 24 gauge to 1/8″ thick.
Our Other Guides You May Be Interested In
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT SAFETY FEATURE TO LOOK FOR IN A BEGINNER WELDING RIG?
- The most important safety feature to look for in a beginner welding rig is an auto-darkening welding helmet, which helps to protect your eyes from the bright light and sparks created by the welding process.
- WHAT TYPE OF WELDING PROCESSES CAN BE DONE WITH A BEGINNER WELDING RIG?
- A beginner welding rig can be used for a variety of welding processes, such as MIG, TIG, and Stick welding.
- WHAT IS THE BEST MATERIAL TO WELD WITH A BEGINNER WELDING RIG?
- The best material to weld with a beginner welding rig is mild steel, as it is easy to work with and does not require any special materials or techniques.
Both the Weldpro and the Lincoln welders are great options for beginners due to their versatility, affordability, and user-friendly design.
While they may have some small drawbacks such as limited power output, lack of advanced features, and lack of compatibility with some materials (depending on the project being done), overall they are both excellent choices for those just starting out in the welding world.